1. Home
  2.  → FAQ

FAQ After An Accident

If you have suffered because of an accident, you need an attorney who has the knowledge and experience to handle your case. Surdez & Perez P.C. has helped injured clients fight for their rights when it has mattered most. Below is a list of frequently asked questions for your reference. To discuss your options with one of our lawyers, contact our Astoria office at 800-315-1885 or fill out our contact form.

Q: What do I need in order to file a claim?

A: It is important that you gather as much information as possible. This includes contact information for everyone involved in the accident as well as any witnesses. You’ll want photographs of injuries you suffered and a detailed explanation of what happened. Keep any medical records as well.

Q: Who pays for my medical expenses while my case is ongoing?

A: It depends on the case; however, you are responsible for paying for your medical bills until your case is resolved. This is why getting the process started quickly is important. The longer you wait, the more bills you will have to pay before seeing any relief.

Q: How long will it take to complete my case?

A: Each case is different, so it is hard to come up with a firm timeline. However, it can range from six months to two or three years. Our firm is committed to providing you with quick service, and our goal is to move your case along quickly and efficiently.